<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Signs of the 'tines

It's Valentine's Day! I know because heart shaped candy boxes and stuffed animals are on deep, deep discount at Jewel. Also because VH1 is showing marathons of your favorite '00s dating shows all weekend; we were blessed with I Love New York yesterday and now Rock of Love is on. I had forgotten the sheer psychological terror of these shows. Not to mention the number of wigs involved. I mean, Bret Michaels' hair can't possibly look like that, right? The bandanas are holding a piece in place?

Anyway, we had our Valentine's yesterday because Ian flew out to El Paso (Spanish for "the Paso") for work today. And of course we went to Chili's. We were going to watch "Trainwreck," too, but the DVD wouldn't play in the Blu-Ray in the living room for some reason, so instead we watched Beyoncé videos on demand for an hour. In essence we went from the whitest activity imaginable to something that, while still white, doesn't scream "Let's grab some hummus from Whole Foods and watch a few TED talks" quite so much. Oh, and we mainlined chocolate. Never a bad touch.

Now I've got a week on my own with the devil beagle. Chances are it will be fine, though you should not be overly surprised if it ends with me dead by her hands. (Paws.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?