<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 07, 2016

Current Events
 
My life continues to be a glittering whirlwind of excitement. Seriously, I feel like Taylor Swift, only with fewer lesbian overtones.
 
Friday night we had the party/awards ceremony for the bar association show I do each year, and they gave me an award. Not for performing or anything; if this were the Oscars, this would be like the Irving Thalberg award. But that didn’t stop me from carrying it around with me all night like Anne Hathaway. It took the form of a giant cup, which unfortunately was too dirty on the inside to drink from. The cab driver really appreciated it on the way home, though.
 
Then, because I’m an idiot, I had to get up at 6 AM the next morning to drive to a bar committee meeting in Champaign. There is really no better way to start your day than by almost falling asleep at the wheel and swerving across three lanes of traffic into an oncoming semi. But I made it unharmed and had a lovely morning discussing alternative dispute resolution with law students at my alma mater. It turns out that they’ve actually renovated the classrooms since I went there so they look less like the set of the Carol Burnett Show, but don’t worry, the dingy men’s bathroom with two toilets in one stall is still unaltered. I ate two bagels with cream cheese to celebrate, then felt guilty about it and decided it would be my lunch for the day.
 
Yesterday was family time, since my mom is up here for her Spring Break. (I feel like I should take her to a foam party or something to celebrate.) We spent a good portion of the afternoon watching my nephew crawl around and pull himself up to a standing position with varying degrees of success. Don’t worry, we had Mission: Impossible 4 on in the background in case there was ever a lull in the action.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?