<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Endless Photos

There is really so much to say about my trip. But pictures are worth a thousand words or more, even, if the words are coming out of Ann Coulter. So let's get started.


This is the interior of the Karlskirche. The scaffolding you see they will actually let you climb. It is quite terrifying, to be honest. The stairs just keep getting more narrow and the platforms seem to kind of bend under your feet. And there's a sign that says "occupancy by more than 15 people prohibited," right before you see about two dozen people climbing up ahead of you. But I lived through it, so that's good.


This is the Votivkirche, which is still undergoing renovation, as it was the first time I was there in 2013. Now it's got a kickin' ad for orange juice on its front, though. Suddenly I am very thirsty.


The Austrians regulate their dogs quite strictly, as it turns out. Much of the parks were "hundeverboten," but this was a "hundezone," which this little guy seems to be enjoying the heck out of.


This was part of a contemporary art installation at the Museum of Applied Arts. The bottom part asks "How happy are you?" in German, and people were supposed to take the appropriate gumball for how happy they were on a scale of one to ten. Apparently, ten almost always runs out first, although I find that hard to believe having met many of the people of Austria. I did not take a gumball at all, so I guess I don't have feelings?


This is a recreation of a prehistoric bird at the Natural History Museum. Pretty intense. I would love to make a career as a prehistoric bird recreator, but I don't want to retake the SATs.  


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?