<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Moving & Shaking

So I sort of bought a new place this week. I say sort of because we don't close until July, and there are still plenty of things that could go wrong, but we do have a signed purchase contract. It's a three-bedroom townhouse in Old Town and I kind of love it. It's got a nice private roof deck, all kinds of cute built-ins, and a walk in closet with a window. And an attached garage with snow removal, so I may never even know it's winter again. I'm kind of jazzed, in a "nervous something could go terribly wrong at any minute" kind of way.

I will be sad to leave Lakeview behind, in some ways. The pizza-by-the-slice place on Clark exposed me to some wonderfully weird things that taste great on pizza, and it's nice to have three dozen bars to stumble home from in a two-block radius. Aubrey will miss the proximity to the dog beach, although I will not miss having to literally drag her back from it. And of course it will be strange taking a train to bacchanals like Pride and Market Days. But Old Town is really a return to my roots, since I lived about a block away from the new townhouse for my first three years in the city. I ground a lot of half-eaten jello shots into the carpet there. And I'll certainly be happy to be near Second City, Corcoran's, and the Old Town Ale House again. Why are all of my happy feelings about my neighborhoods related to food and alcohol?

Anyway, things are happening! I'm sure I'll provide updates as the madness progresses.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?