<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Capital Steps

This week I had to go to our great state's capital, Springfield, for an oral argument. I've always enjoyed Springfield, ever since we went there in middle school to learn how weird the 1800s were. I remember that there was a lot of butter churning and the people slept in shorter beds that sort of required them to sit up. Also that Mary Todd Lincoln was very fat. Oh, and some kid got his shoelace stuck in the escalator at the Illinois State Museum and we were delayed in getting back by like an hour. It almost endangered our Hardee's trip; that's how serious it was.

This time, I did not get to do any sightseeing, although I did enjoy an amazing cheese-drenched dish known as a horseshoe. It's an open-faced sandwich with French fries and cheese sauce on top, and pretty much every place in Central Illinois claims to have invented it. As though anyone had to invent slathering things in cholesterol in Central Illinois. I certainly did enjoy it, though.

The argument itself seemed to go quite well. Not that that means anything. My best argument ever was for a case where we ended up losing 7-0. I think sometimes they pretend to agree with you at the argument just because they feel sorry for you.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?