<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Adventures in Babysitting

My mom and I babysat my nephew pretty much all day on Saturday. It went pretty well, although it was completely exhausting. He legitimately never stops moving, at least when he's awake. And he only slept for ten minutes while we were there, and that was when he just passed out face down on the rug in the middle of a game we were playing. My sister said he slept like ten hours straight after we left; I'm genuinely not being sarcastic when I say I'm glad he saved it for them.

He's a very cheerful guy and a lot of fun. Right now his favorite pastimes are dumping blocks all over the place and trying to hurt himself by falling into the storage ottoman. He also likes it when I give him high speed turbulent thrill rides by picking him up and running him around the room. He laughs a lot and vomits only a little. He's actually probably a bit lower maintenance than the dog right now. Which to be fair isn't saying much, since she basically never wants us to leave the house for any reason.

The only real problem was that they've decided they don't want people swearing around him any more so he won't accidentally repeat something at daycare. This really cramps my babysitting style, obviously. But I'll make the best of it, because self sacrifice is really what I'm known for.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?