<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Back to the Future

Did I mention that I have my 20th high school reunion coming up in a few weeks? I'm looking forward to it, even though it comes at pretty much the worst time for me, the day before a good friend's wedding, two days before the Fourth of July, and six days before we close on the new place. So I will be making a surgical strike on Quincy, basically reuniting and running within a matter of two days.

It's definitely going to be interesting, though. Since my dad passed away and my mom spends a good chunk of her time up here now, I don't get back to Quincy very often. And when I do, it's not like I'm trolling the bars for contact with my former classmates. (Although it does happen: Wal-Mart is basically the center of the universe.) So there are a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time. Hopefully they haven't gotten weird, and won't think that I've gotten weird. What counts as weird these days anyway?

As far as events go, it should be pretty casual. We're having a barbeque, a tour of the high school, and a night at a bar. And Quincy has basically no public transit, so I probably won't even be able to get wasted. Though there is the promise of a retro soundtrack to look forward to. I don't care what people say, to me Hootie IS America.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?