<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 10, 2016

Circus Circus

Politics this year has been both amazing and horrifying. Who would ever have thought that a tiny handed orange rage monster would have risen to the top of a national political party? I mean, it's the Republican party, which has previously given prominence to both a woman who tried to exchange chickens for medical services and a man who believed squeezing an aspirin between one's knees was effective birth control, but still. After a series of approximately three thousand and sixty four debates, the man best known to me for firing Vivica A. Fox over Leeza Gibbons ended up on the top of the heap. Funny how none of his competitors then ever managed to come across that video of his rather unconventional advertisement for Tic Tacs; it's almost as though condemning sexual assault wouldn't appeal to the party base. Wall building still plays though, which is strange to me, given how much they fear the Chinese.

Anyway, I've tried my best to ignore this election season, primarily because it reminds me of a particularly poorly scripted edition of WrestleMania. But it's almost impossible to do so; it seems like everybody from Entertainment Weekly to Black Jugs magazine is trying to come up with a hot take on the latest election news. So I know the basics: shouty evil billionaire takes on your high school civics teacher. And I've seen enough of the highlights to know that fat shaming is in and having pneumonia is the worst thing any human being can ever do. Accordingly, I am ready for it to be over. Although I do worry what Mike Pence will do afterwards; he can't go back to Indiana, and I don't think the Muppets are actually hiring.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?