<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 02, 2016

If I Get Down to Cleaning the Toilets, We're Really in Trouble

I've spent a good portion of the day coming up with other tasks to do so as to avoid blogging. Laundering all of my swimsuits, just in case a swim-related occasion comes up? Check. Going at the door out to the roof with hammer in a misguided attempt to fix the way it closes? Check. Opening the online account for the state benefits program I was enrolled in four years ago? That's a rock solid check. Clearly, I do not want to be writing right now.

I'm not sure what the issue is, frankly. Part of it is that I'm busy, but come on, I worked at a giant law firm for almost seven years and still managed to post rather consistently, even as I got screamed at about the placement of decorative lines on cover sheets and designated a section of my office floor as a "cry space." So it's not just a time management thing. I also frankly find myself not having anything to say, or at any rate anything interesting to say. Do you really need another Lifetime Movie review from me? Another account of the awkward things that happen on the train? Another hilarious medical mishap? There's a certain element of having seen (and described) it all before there.

Also, maybe? I'm 38. I'm settled down. Life pretty much centers around work, the gym, the family, the dog. I'm not exactly passing out in the back of a California Pizza Kitchen any more. Though I do still enjoy one of their take and bake pizzas on occasion -- now THAT would be a thrilling blog post.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?