<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 08, 2016

In Which Things Actually Happen

In an unusual turn of events, it's been a most exciting week around here. I started rehearsals for my amateur theatrical for lawyers, or as I like to think of it, field research on narcissistic personality disorder. This year's show has a Hamilton theme, so we're adding sixty year olds rapping into the mix. Of course, there's a Les Miserables medley as well, just to keep things truly topical. All kidding aside, I've made so many great friends doing the show, and not just because of the high rate of intoxication. You really bond with people when you dress as a Star Wars character alongside them, you know?

I also got my new iPhone this week, which is of course both fun and financially devastating. Despite all of the hysteria about the elimination of the headphone jack, it's actually pretty much exactly like my old iPhone, except with a lot more memory and thus no need to constantly delete everything like a Clinton preparing for a deposition. I had a brief scare when it utterly stopped getting wireless service the day after I bought it, but the guy at the Sprint store fixed it right away and explained to me how it wasn't anything to worry about in terms I utterly failed to understand.

I'm also working on a fun new Illinois Supreme Court case at work. Maybe "fun" is the wrong term, since there are sex offenders involved. But professionally rewarding -- I can certainly say that.

Plus, I totally forgot that I get Monday off for Columbus Day and therefore got to have an amazing surprise! Life is totally killing it right now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?