<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 31, 2016

Well Hallow There

When I was a kid, I spent every Halloween prowling my neighborhood until deep in the night, in intense darkness because my neighborhood was basically an oak forest, and generally without the benefit of any sort of reflective clothing at all, gathering pounds upon pounds of candy, which we would then dutifully take to the emergency room to get screened for needles and syringes and the like, before gorging on sugar until I could see through time. It was frankly the best.

Tonight, in contrast, I am spending the night holding my terrified dog on her leash so that she doesn't dash out the door and presumably straight into traffic when the door is opened for the next set of Elsa and Annas from Frozen or whatever to violently palm candy and dash of into the night. Soon we will run out of candy, having only bought four bags, at which point we will turn off the lights, recede to the basement, and hide. It's really true: youth is wasted on the young.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?