<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 29, 2016

'Tis the Season

It's that wonderful week between Christmas and New Year's where half the city is still on vacation and nothing is crowded or irritating. I can't tell you how much I love taking the train every morning without having to stand with my face in someone's armpit or listen to someone scream into their phone at someone named Lidonica. Walking to the gym during lunch I can walk without fear of ending up stuck behind a group of four admins in pantsuits and tennis shoes strolling to Cosi's for side salads with the dressing on the side. Even at work I am largely alone, with blessed quiet replacing the fearsome racket of '80s hair metal that generally emanates from the investigator's office two doors down. It's not that I hate people, it's just that I'm enjoying a lot of things that someone who hates people would enjoy.

Anyway, it's all ending soon. And next Tuesday I start my new job. Initially, I was supposed to have a week or two off in between jobs, but it turns out they just need me too much to wait. I feel special, just like my mother always told me I was.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?