<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 07, 2017

Days of Future Past

So big news first -- they're selling Crystal Pepsi at the Jewel near my house. It tastes pretty much the same as it did back when we were all watching Channel One in our Hammer pants. Which is to say not fantastic, but nostalgia is in and of itself a refreshing treat.

My new job is also a sort of a throwback. I'm back at a big firm, with all the free lunches and big piles of documents that entails. Lots of nice, vaguely attractive people who are always super busy. And a big office with an actual view, rather than a wall separating me from a food court. It's good! I'm sure it will have its moments, but let's savor the now.

And if all of that wasn't retro enough for you, tonight I'm watching The Artist with my mom. And since she's kind of a talker, it's not actually a silent movie. But it still beats going outside, since it's all of two degrees out. Even the dog is peeing in record breaking time just so she doesn't have to stay there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?