<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 09, 2017

Golden Globes Wrap-Up 2017

Well, the Golden Globes happened. I kind of watched them, but I had a fair amount to drink and we kind of talked over long stretches, so it's all a bit fuzzy. I remember that Meryl Streep won an award and wore her bathroom tiles. She very delicately criticized our future president without mentioning his name, because of course he always responds so reasonably to things. And Ryan Gosling won something? I feel like I remember him looking ill at ease for some reason.

I was happy that Viola Davis won. She seems really nice, like someone who would be friends with my mom. And I like that she's not afraid to snot it up on camera when she cries. I also had good feelings about La La Land generally, because I like it when people sing for no reason. It bothered me a little that the director looked like he should be writing a term paper for his Freshman seminar, but pretty much everyone is younger than me now.

I haven't seen Moonlight, but I support its right to exist. I've heard good things, but don't really feel like it's crying out to be seen on the big screen. Journeys through adolescence generally come across ok on my flatscreen.

And the fashions? Yeah, I mostly didn't even notice them. Viola's dress was a bit... colorful. I think Emma Stone looked good? Pretty much guessing on that one.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?