<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Rain Man

We're going through one of those phases in Chicago weather where it won't stop raining and the sun doesn't come out for days. I'm not a fan. The absence of sunlight wreaks havoc on my emotions; I'm still convinced it's why I cried at that 90210 rerun that one time. And it's not like it's ever easy for me to get out of bed, anyway. Although I didn't exactly enjoy having the norovirus back in February, sleeping for two days straight was sort of my platonic ideal.

Anyway, it's nasty AF out, which means that I spent a good chunk of today watching a Murder, She Wrote marathon on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and speculating about Jessica Fletcher's sex life. I did go to the gym and to the CVS, but that was really just because I desperately wanted Life Savers Gummies.

Yesterday was far more adventurous for me, since I had an all-day meeting with a client. The Willis Tower is kind of a weird place to be in the rain, since you basically end up inside the clouds. And for some reason the temperature in our conference room dropped to near-Gwyneth-Paltrow's-vagina levels. Nothing like typing in your winter gloves to instill confidence in your legal abilities.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?