<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 07, 2018

Picture Pages

I thought I'd share just a few pictures from my trip, primarily because it's easier than thinking of something else to write about. So lucky you.


This is the castle in Bratislava. They've done a nice job fixing it up, though I can't help but wonder what Tarek & Christina from Flip or Flop could have done with it. It's just crying out for some laminate flooring.


This is the grand staircase in the castle. It is actually pretty grand. I mean, not grand enough to make a person actually want to climb stairs or anything, but somehow they haven't gotten around to installing a chair lift.


In Vienna we visited this amazing house that was built by the famous architect Otto Wagner and then rehabbed by the artist Ernst Fuchs. There were mosaics everywhere, though oddly no kitchen that I ever saw. Maybe the original owner was undead and felt no need to eat.


What, do you NOT have a gilded statute of a naked lady on your front porch? I'm actually kind of embarrassed for you.


We also went to the Museum of Illusions in Vienna, which is basically designed as a place to take Instagram photos. Your move, Guggenheim.


This is supposed to look like Ian is tiny or sitting in a giant chair, but it looks more like someone put the chair together wrong. User error.


I loved this sign from the Klimt villa, presumably not created by Klimt himself. Certainly no one would want to risk attack by a square dog.


These signs on the subway are also kind of great. I especially like that the man holding the child  has a kicky little moustache and soulpatch. I imagine something like the plot of Three Men and a Baby.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?