<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Postcard From the Edge

So I had a little bit of a near death experience this week. I've been dog sitting for my sister, and the dogs decided to team up on me during one particularly rainy trip to their bathroom. While I was trying to pick up poop without dropping the umbrella or either leash, Aubrey gave a particularly fierce yank on her lead, causing it to pop out of my hand, leaving me only with the plastic thing that holds her poop bags. She immediately darted out into traffic, at which point I basically threw myself in front of a car so I could stomp on her leash and keep her from getting any further. Thank God this was unusually slow moving traffic for my neighborhood and I did not end up doing a header off a windshield; I just got screamed at, which probably would have happened anyway, frankly. We all got very wet, though, a result the dogs somehow seemed to blame me for as the night progressed.

Other than that, it was a perfectly fine week. Ian was in Boston for work, which did make me go a little crazy and talk to the dogs more than is socially acceptable, but I largely kept it together. I also somehow got our TV kicked off our internet, which shockingly depleted my YouTube options, but that's a small quibble. Ian got back last night, such that I was able to go see my friend's community theater production of Chicago, ironically enough in the suburbs, which allowed my friends and I to take the Metra and drink canned rose. Oh, and tonight we discovered that we can now get tapas delivered. So things are looking up. Though I'm definitely watching out for additional canine murder plots.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?