<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 15, 2018

My Little Ponies

I went to the racetrack with for an office event this week! I had never been before, so I was kind of excited. I guess I pictured it involving lots of elegant people wearing fantastic hats and drinking bourbon, but that was not how it went at all. There was plenty of drinking, but with the feeling that a lot of it was coming out of people's social security checks. And a lot of soft pretzels with fake cheese. Why don't they ever show that at the Kentucky Derby?

I didn't make any bets, largely because that involved automated terminals, and I was more interested in the aforementioned drinking than in trying to figure them out. One of my colleagues won $160, though. I'm guessing her strategy wasn't just picking the horses with the best names.

I was a little disappointed that the horses didn't like do tricks or anything. And there was no jousting like they have at Medieval times. Mainly they just seemed to run in circles. They also don't let you pet them, if the staff members I asked are to be believed. At least none of them got shot while I was there; somebody told me that happens. I'm assuming that's due to injury, though, and not like, street crime. They've really been working hard to prevent horse on horse shootings.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?