<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 01, 2018

Indy Star

I had to go to Indianapolis for work this week. As with many work trips, I did not see much outside of my hotel and the conference room where the depositions were. And this time, I chose my hotel based entirely on proximity to the law firm where the depositions were, so my room looked directly out onto the expressway. Also they did not clean it while I was out working, instead sliding a note under my door at 4:30 PM that said they were honoring my request for privacy and I could call to have the room cleaned between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM. That unfortunately was a logic problem I could not solve.

I did get to see my friend Jeanne, who lives in Carmel, which I am told is like the fancy suburb of Indianapolis? We went to dinner at Olive Garden and ate our weight in breadsticks. I nearly died six times while following her there in my car, due to the delightful "roundabouts" that have replaced good old fashioned intersections. If you enjoy trying to guess whether maniacs in pickups with Trump decals are planning to go straight or curve around and smash into you, you'll love them. But it was worth it for some reasonably-priced fake Italian food served by a woman who was definitely too old for her high ponytail. And sparkling conversation, of course -- that is a given.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?