<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 16, 2018

A Wassailing

Some friends and I sang Christmas carols at a children's dental office for cash this past Friday.

I realize that is a sentence that requires a bit of unpacking. So, first of all, the dental office performs work on children; it is not run by children, although that would be adorable (if likely painful). Second, we did not keep the cash, but rather donated it, as we would otherwise feel like we were literally taking candy from babies. Third, these were some of my musical lawyer friends; I have not transferred to the high school from Fame. One of these friends knows someone there and got asked if she could put something together. And so we did!

In truth, the preparations were shockingly elaborate. We had two rehearsals, full on caroling books, and a giant portable keyboard we hauled to the office with us. We also coordinated our outfits to be Christmassy, although my suggestion that we all dress in Victorian garb was roundly ignored, most tragically. I wore a corset under my sweater, just out of spite.

It was actually super fun and kind of great, I have to say! It's nice to have creative friends and do things that make people happy, although they may just have been lying to us. I mean, how much can people really want to hear three versus of Good King Wenceslas?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?