<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 08, 2018

Then Three Weeks Went By...

There has been a lot going on! Thanksgiving definitely happened, for one thing. My mom was here, we took the family to a buffet where I accidentally got the gross mac and cheese with lobster in it as opposed to the good regular kind, we watched a documentary about Jane Fonda (do I know demographics or what?), we went to church what seemed like six times but was really only two. Oh, and we watched the Chicago parade, which is sort of sad and lovable, in the sense of having balloons they somehow fail to inflate all the way and local dance troupes in drop-crotch Grinch pants. Obviously, a magical holiday all around.

I also had my amateur theatrical for lawyers! This year I played Mark Zuckerberg, Rudy Giuliani, and a rat, so obviously it was type casting. It was a roller coaster of emotions, from loudly declaiming that I was going to walk out and never return to quietly realizing that I had no desire to go home and sleep even though it was 4 AM and I'd been dancing in a basement with these people for hours straight. A lot of wigs were worn, shots consumed, and Top 40 hits parodied badly. I may never recover.

So now I'm just trying to sort of slip back into normal life, like the kind where I don't work from home on a Tuesday so I can help my mom figure out how to use Facetime during my lunch break or leave early so I can help glue rat ears together. It's a world of many a wonder.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?