<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 02, 2019

King Kong

I am going to Hong Kong for work next weekend. I'll be there for two weeks. I have no idea if I'll actually have time to see anything outside of a conference room, but it's still kind of cool to get a free trip. Even if it is a sixteen hour flight in coach and I'm 6'2".

I've never been to Asia at all, so this will definitely be a new experience. I don't know anything about Hong Kong at all, except for what I once saw in a Murder, She Wrote, and I'm pretty sure that was filmed on a soundstage in Burbank. But it did give me a heads up to avoid eating off of a hand-painted plate, in case the paint was laced with poison. Now that's some news I can use.

I googled Hong Kong and apparently there are lots of tall buildings and big Buddhas, which all sounds good enough. I'm a bit concerned about food since about 95% of my diet here is sandwiches, but I do like white rice, so at least I've got that going for me. I just hope no one tries to make me eat an eel or something.

There's a possibility I may be incommunicado during this trip, I'm told. My work is not allowing us to bring our personal phones or work laptops for fear of data piracy. We do have an office there, so I would think I'd have regular internet access, but we shall see. If nothing else, I'll probably use it as an excuse to ignore the blog for a bit. I am so busy and important!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?