<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 06, 2019

Independence, Day

Now that I'm back from such a long work trip, I'm taking absurd joy in doing little things that ordinary people do all the time. For instance, simply buying my own groceries and making a sandwich as opposed to ordering catered food for thirty people each night has been a pure delight. Picking up prescriptions without having to borrow someone's rental car seems somehow magical. And don't get me started on the laundry situation. Seriously, don't get me started because it's super boring but I won't stop talking about it. Suffice it to say that I'm happy that I'm not operating on a "it's easier just to buy new clothes" model any more.

I was also pleased to be back in time for the Fourth, if not with quite enough time to wrangle an invitation to stand in the rain and mis-learn American history. We had a small gathering here, primarily to remind ourselves that we don't know how to operate our grill and that we hate our neighbors. Particularly those that set off tons of fireworks and cause the dogs to have Mariah Carey style meltdowns. But that too is tradition, I suppose. Hooray for America!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?