<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 05, 2019

News & Views

It's been a busy time! I gave notice at my job, so there's that. I'm sad to be leaving but I am following my boss to another firm. Given that I have more than once mistakenly used my husband's name when referring to my boss, it is obviously a significant relationship.

There's a lot to do getting ready for a job change. For one thing, I am discovering that my file maintenance was less than ideal. Not that having six different drafts of the same brief won't be useful to future biographers, but it's a lot to send to storage.

We also have a goodbye party to plan. I've requested a children's choir and the release of doves, but we shall see. I'd settle for a six pack of Zima.

We're also going on vacation in Italy this month, so get ready to see posts about that endlessly. I'm excited to finally see so many of the paintings and sculptures my art history teacher used to tell us about in between Vietnam flashbacks. Also to eat pasta, as clearly I am way too slender.

And I've started working with my law students again. Will this year's group find me as deeply weird and offputting as last year's seemed to? Who can tell. I can guarantee they will show up late to almost everything and make up weird excuses for not doing their work, however. This is America, after all.

It's also the time of year for my amateur theatrical. No casting news yet, but I would bet there will be wigs involved. Also, puns. They say that laughter is the best medicine, but I am still going to have to go with penicillin.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?