<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Turkey Time

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I've always been kind of a fan of Thanksgiving because I enjoy gluttony and lying about who we are, but that enjoyment has only increased since I started practicing law, since Thanksgiving tends to be one of the few days I can rely on having some time off. (Christmas is too religious and the Fourth of July is often too midweek.) Also, now my mom comes to us, so I don't have to drive nine hours to Quincy and back, which is always a plus. So I tend to get a little bit of actual rest, even if it doesn't stop people I barely know from continually telling me "you look tired." A magical thing to hear, and a great source of revenue for eye cream manufacturers.

Anyway, Thanksgiving these days tends to center very much on my niece and nephew, who do not disappoint. Jack loudly announced to everyone present that "Maggie has boogers," which Maggie rebutted by eating several dishes of ice cream with her bare hands. Jack went to see his first movie, The Irishman (or maybe it was Frozen II, who can say?), while Maggie stayed with me and Ian and generally adopted the demeanor of an IRA hostage. Both children took turns becoming irrationally angry in a fashion generally reserved for those who hold high office these days, alternating with bouts of extreme joy, which were generally Raven Symone induced. We have much to be thankful for indeed.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?