<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Puberty in Pictures

I was looking for something in storage today, and as so often happens, I ended up getting distracted by the many ridiculous and wonderful things I have saved for no apparent reason, and only emerged hours later, having wholly forgotten the reason I started looking in storage in the first place. I did find these amazing pictures from my teenage theatrical career, however.


This is from one of our high school musicals, Anything Goes. If you're thinking to yourself that you don't remember the cross dressing scene from Anything Goes, you're a terrible person and should probably die in a fire.


Also Anything Goes. Can I pull of a sailor cap or what? Please also know that I am not responsible for my hair -- there was a predominant view that period pieces required greasing your hair down with Brylcreem. That's really how it's spelled.


This is from The Grapes of Wrath. That's why we look so sad. Wrath! There's so much wrath in the world!


Yup, we thought it was okay for white kids to play the Siamese children in The King & I. The hats were made out of margarine tubs, which I think is 100% culturally appropriate.

I played Charlie Brown in Snoopy!, the justly lesser-known sequel to You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. To this day sweatsuits remain my ideal costume.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?