<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 20, 2020

Three-Day Weekend!

I'm not sure I can claim that it's what Dr. King would have wanted, but I did have a pretty fantastic weekend. Friday night I hid from the snow and ate Hamburger Helper for the first time in like ten years, which was every bit as epic as one might imagine. Saturday we went out to the suburbs to visit my sister and her family at their new house, which they don't live in yet, but have stocked with a lot of toilet paper. My niece and nephew demonstrated how pathetic city kids are by being amazed at having a small lawn from which they could gather tiny snowballs to fitfully toss at one another. And of course we went to Chili's, where we had a fifteen minute wait to get seated at 4:30 PM. (It is indeed a brave new world.) Then yesterday we binge watched all day and ate chicken bacon ranch pizza. (Disturbing that so many of my highlights are food-related, I know.) Today I did some light work from home while watching the SVU marathon and now I'm headed out for drinks with a friend. This is why all weekends should be three-day weekends. Of course, billable hours and work from home capabilities make days off relatively meaningless, but I take whatever crumbs I can get.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?