<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Love in the Time of Corona

Let me start off by saying that we are very lucky. My work is not at all impacted by the virus -- I'm doing the same types of tasks for the same clients, just from my house and often in sweatpants. So far, Ian's work is continuing pretty much the same as well, although without the free breakfasts that usually make me so jealous. With so many people's jobs just kind of disappearing with the daily commute, we are definitely fortunate to just be trying to figure out how to access the T: drive remotely because we know we saved those exhibits somewhere.

It is weird, though, to lose most forms of human interaction. As much as I hate people rubbing up against me on the train, it does remind me that I live in a society, albeit a sometimes crappy one. Stale though the wit of co-workers may sometimes be, it is nice to have them there when you want to take ten minutes to complain about your client or gossip about the legal assistant who typed all the email addresses as "dot corns." And how much do I miss going down to the office kitchen to get a free Diet Coke or bag of Funyuns?

At the same time, I am getting up an hour later every day now that I don't have a commute and can't go to the gym. And I can flip on the TV can catch up on the latest in ten-year-old Law & Order:SVUs during my lunch break. Not to mention random breaks to pet the dog; try doing that with a paralegal and you'll end up getting sued.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?