<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 28, 2020

TV Roundup

Since I'm not, you know, leaving the house except to go to the grocery store once a week, I don't have a lot to report. I have, however, been watching an insane amount of television. And crafting, of course, but that isn't quite as much of a conversation starter. Here's what we're watching these days:

Westworld. I'm actually super pissed at this show that it only gives us, like, eight episodes every year and a half or so. I feel like they should really be able to build actual functioning humanoid robots in that time. But I enjoy what we get, generally. They don't seem to be going for crazy twists every five minutes or so now, which is kind of a relief. It's not like they have M. Night Shyamalan on staff, after all.

The Plot Against America. More David Simon is always good. I'm not actually a huge Philip Roth fan, but I actually just learned from googling how to spell his name that he's dead, and I'm sorry about that. So far, it's kind of a chilling story which I wish had less contemporary resonance. And more nudity, of course.

Vanderpump Rules. What needs to be said? Jax and Brittany are finally married, after what seemed like six years of lead-up, and now we can get back to the business of people drunkenly screaming at one another.

Schitt's Creek. Only two episodes left! It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this one. Catherine O'Hara is a national treasure. The nation in question is Canada, but still.

Top Chef. The best thing about this show is how it generally manages to take long enough in between seasons that you actually are ready for it to come back. It's making me sad to remember how we all used to be able to go out and eat at places, though.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I held out on this one for a long time because Andy Samberg irritates me, and that hasn't changed, but the writing is really funny, and don't we all need to laugh right now? In between long, lingering hand sanitizing sessions, that is.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?