<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Plus Side

I am currently watching the pilot for Phil of the Future, the Disney kidcom of the mid-zeros that was, as it turns out, not actually entertaining in any way. I had remembered it fondly for being defiantly strange and introducing the world to Alyson Michalka, although perhaps not well enough that anyone but me remembered who she was. (She was in the singing group Aly & A.J. with her sister that also made the Disney Channel feature Cow Belles, which I swear to God I have not actually seen.) But seeing it again now I realize that it is in fact just bad. Also that I had one of the sweaters the principal wears. Mainly the badness thing, though.

This wonderful opportunity has been brought to me by Disney+, which Ian subscribed to today after it was announced that it is where Beyonce's new album will premiere. (This is totally healthy, obviously.) They have many Disney series of days past, also including That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire. (They were even working on an LM sequel, until they reached a creative impasse with Hillary Duff over whether Lizzie should be allowed to fuck or not.) They even have the Disney movies I grew up watching on VHS, including Escape to Witch Mountain starring Kim Richards before she became a Housewife or a complete wreck of a human being. So I anticipate many happy hours ahead discovering that I totally overrated things in my nostalgia.  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?