<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 07, 2020

Yesterday's News

So apparently everyone has just decided that Coronavirus is over? The ads on the Hallmark Channel have gone from praising me for staying at home to telling me that America is getting moving again. Instagram is slowly moving from scenes of domestic coziness back to general thottishness. And I have to fight the instinct to count the groups of clearly more than ten I see gathered in the park while I run. Last I checked, we're still turning out new cases in the hundreds every day, but I guess everyone is just bored with it? I mean, I get it. Refreshing the Johns Hopkins website every few minutes to see the latest state by state counts can get old quick. But I mean, reality is still a thing, isn't it?

Anyway, we're in Phase III in Chicago now, for better or for worse, so I went ahead and got myself a haircut. I had to get my temperature checked and sanitize my hands before I could have the pleasure, but it was completely worth it. In fact, wearing masks for the entire process seems to reduce the general chattiness, so I feel like the virus has actually made it better. I don't know how many more anecdotes about my stylist's tattooing history I can listen to.

We also had a birthday party for my nephew, since gatherings of less than ten are fully permitted now. It was just me, Ian, my mom, and my sister's family. But that was more than okay, since the only guests that mattered were the legos. Right around the time my nephew opened the third set he got so excited I thought he might throw up and shouted "I really can't even believe it!" I choose to take the high road by not mentioning that I only got like one set of legos for my entire childhood, except that I did actually just mention it, and I'm still mad.

Anyway, life goes on. Sort of, and for now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?