<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 12, 2021

World Travelers 

Did I mention that we are going to Portugal this fall? My friend is getting married there and even though, pre-pandemic, taking a week away from work for such an event seemed like an impossible extravagance, after a year of house arrest it feels just fine and dandy. We don't have our flight reservations yet, because those cost about as much as many minor surgeries right now, but we have watched not one but two YouTube videos about the country, so I feel like we're in pretty good shape. Did you know that they have lots of blue tile there? And that they make Port? I'm so damned cultured it's scary, am I right?

The actual wedding will be in Portuguese wine country, which I imagine to be green, leafy, and full of Diane Lane type characters. The nearest major city is Porto, where there is a giant bridge that looks quite dramatic in people's selfies and a special sandwich covered in gooey cheese that may well become my cause of death. We are also planning to visit Lisbon, which is not really near any of our other destinations, but seems necessary if only for the maritime explorer fan fiction. It shall be a gala affair, assuming that we ever actually get around to booking flights and hotels. Otherwise, it shall be a disappointing trip to O'Hare and back.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?