<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Home & Garden 

So, we may be buying a house. By which I mean we put in an offer, it was accepted, and we're just waiting on the inspection to confirm it's not falling into a sinkhole or something. But barring that, or the bank deciding I'm a sex criminal for some reason, we're moving in June. Only a block, because we're insane, but we're moving. 

The place is really nice and we're excited about it. We looked at a lot of places that all seemed to have something wrong with them: kitchen cabinets that seem to have been used for an axe throwing contest, a small windowless guest room that seemed designed for filming proof of life videos, a portal to hell in the powder room. But everything about this place seems solid. It's more than we want to pay, but so is everything. And because it's so close to our current place, nothing else about our lives will change -- same grocery store, same gym, even the same parking zone. (And you know those neighborhood permits are a motherfucker.) Just more space! 

I'm a little more emotional about leaving our current place behind than I thought I would be, since I'm basically an unfeeling monster. But we had a lot of good times here, like the time I had a pay telephone installed to teach the kids a lesson about fiscal responsibility, though that may have been a Brady Bunch episode. No, we had Christmases here and Fakesgivings and the afterparty for our marriage party, as well as a whole lot of COVID. So the point is, this is a great place and someone should buy it like immediately after we move so I'm not carrying two mortgages for months on end.

Anyway, changes are coming! I can't wait to complain about them here. 


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?