<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 31, 2022

La La Land 

I went to LA for work this week. I've been to LA several times for work before and I never actually got to do anything besides work, so I was determined to do it this time. The only problem was that I had Teams witness interviews all week that started at like 3 AM Pacific time because of the time zone difference. Oh, and the final deadline for a massive project I've been working on for four months was also this week. So yeah, not the most conducive to hanging out at Santa Monica Pier or anything. But the conference I was recruiting at was actually at a hotel right on Hollywood Boulevard, so I did have the pleasure of staying right in the midst of the Walk of Fame. And because I love being harassed by costumed characters and crashing into tourists standing in line for mediocre pizza, this was absolutely perfect. I also got screamed at by a shirtless homeless man who called me Satan (how did he know?) and reprimanded by the CVS clerk for not understanding that all of the shopping bags had been sequestered to avoid theft. Bright lights and big city, what can I tell you?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?