<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 09, 2022

Arts & Culture 

My mom and I went down to the Art Institute this weekend to see the new(ish) Hockney show. It was kind of interesting, in that he created all of these works on an iPad, much like I create crushed candy. I liked a lot of them, although there did seem to be a lot of the same tree. It was a good tree, in my view. 

While we were there, we took advantage of the hour they allocate for just museum members every morning to actually enjoy art without people standing in front of it. It is so nice to be in the galleries without any crowds, although that does seem to encourage the guards to tell you their life stories. Or in the case of one very single-minded guard, follow you around telling you to keep your distance from the sculptures because they fall down easily and she doesn't know why they haven't done anything about that because she keeps telling them. Maybe it was performance art? Hard to say in this day and age.

We also had my sister's family over for a bit yesterday, which led to a lot of running up and down the hallway (them) and hiding valuables so as to not see them smashed to pieces (me). Eventually we just gave up and put on Lego Ninjago, which I did not understand a word of but found somewhat mesmerizing. The important thing was it kept the children at bay, so hopefully there are enough episodes to last until they are forty.

Now I'm watching a Castle marathon on Lifetime and mentally preparing to do some work. Mental preparation is so crucial. Work also, I guess, but where's the fun in that?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?