<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Dry Spell 

I can't drink for three months because of a new medication I started. According to my doctor and certain corners of the internet, this is not the kind of don't drink "wink wink" that you get with antidepressants and stuff, but more of a "drink and your liver might fall out" kind of thing. So I'm really paying attention to it. It's been surprisingly okay so far. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like when people say they quit drinking and their IQ jumps thirty points and their skin clears up and their penis gets larger; it's just that it's not entirely terrible. Upsides are that I can drive us to social events and that I have more calories I can devote to cheese fries and such. Downsides are that I that I'm not drinking.

Some people have expressed surprise that I chose to start my sobriety during the holidays, but my point of view was basically that there is no good three month period to not be drinking and I'd rather just get it over with. Also, the holidays are more of a family time for me, and it's not like I'm knocking back shots while binge watching cable's critical darlings of the '00s with my mother, anyway. Or while I'm playing with the kids, though they might actually prefer that. It would certainly level the playing field for those hungry, hungry hippos.

Anyway, it's a whole new healthier lifestyle for me! For three months. And then, you know, not.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?