<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 15, 2023

New York on Zero Free Time Per Day 

I had another work trip to New York this week. There are times when these trips are a fun chance to break up the routine, to do different work in an interesting place and maybe even see some old friends. This was not one of those times. I worked more or less the entire time I was there, excepting breaks for picking up people's salads or desperately stalking the aisles of a dirty CVS for contact solution. My hotel was nice enough, I suppose, and my neighbors to my guest office were lovely. But I can't say I experienced very much of the city while crossing 41st street between where I was sleeping and where I was working.

Which, I keep telling myself, is okay. Generally I prefer to be busy with work in the winter, when the weather makes me hate life, anyway, with the idea that I can then be footloose and fancy free when it's nice outside. (Although when it comes to cutting footloose, I am certainly no Kevin Bacon.) And, as we all  know, I have a basic inability to sit still that augurs well for working 24/7. Though I did miss my people and things. Just a few days without my Sonicare and I feel like I've got moss growing in there.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?