<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Department of Delayed Gratification 

In keeping with the recent trend towards yelling "supply chain" about everything, we recently had to wait five months for a couch we ordered. And then a month and a half for a coffee table. Since we are used to having Amazon essentially time travel to deliver things to us before we even know we want them, that felt pretty strange. But I have to say, it has made having furniture in our living room feel somehow luxurious. As I recline on the giant couch the appearance of which I literally forgot in the time it took to arrive, I feel truly fortunate to have such a soft and comfortable resting spot. Also I wonder what the hell I did to my back, but I think that's just being in my forties. The point is, I think the delay makes me appreciate things more. Notice that I say "things" and not money. If I've got any of that coming my way they can just drop it off with me right now.

I'm single parenting Miss Aubrey this week while Ian is visiting his parents in Minnesota, and it's a bit weird, in case you can't tell. I started talking to myself within like six hours of Ian's departure, and last night simply seeing some friends was enough to get me manic. Then I slept with the TV on all night to help ward off any axe murderers who obviously would attack in the quiet but fear the USA network. And now I'm settling in for the Real Housewives of Potomac reunion without anyone to hear my various witty remarks. It is, as you can clearly see, a tough life. 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?