<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Bathing Beauty 

Ian and I went to Aire Ancient Baths on Friday night. It was our little way of honoring St. Patrick's Day by completely ignoring it, I guess. Not as effective as that time we went to Spain for it, but still a pretty low green beer and vomit quotient.

The baths were pretty nice, I have to say. They have one salt water bath that is designed for floating and they say is at the same consistency as the Dead Sea, which I guess is supposed to turn me on or something. They also have a super hot one, one with a lot of jets, and one at body temperature, which ended up feeling weirdly comfortable, like I was being hugged by Michelle Obama or something. Then there was the indoor/outdoor one, which had a waterfall and was amazing, except after dark it was filled with couples making out, which it totally against the rules but we're not narcs so whatever. Also there were cold plunge pools all over, though I only got in one and only as far as my ankles. I mean, if I want to be cold, I can just go outside; it's March in Chicago.

The had steam rooms, too, including one that was lavender-infused. I tend to only make it like five minutes in a steam room before I realize I'm kind of just sitting there sweating, though. 

And the massage was good. Not the best I've ever had, but not painful and not super chatty, which are both issues I've experienced in the past. Plus, Ian and I were in the same room, so I felt I had a witness if the massage therapist decided to kill me.

Anyway, we did a thing. It was good. I'm not feeling super motivated to do another thing any time soon, but I probably will, as there tend to be things to do. Such is life, until it isn't.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?