<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Scholarly AF 

When I'm not busy writing parodies of Taylor Swift songs or extended monologues about my adolescent band trip adventures, I sometimes write exhaustively-researched long-form articles for law journals. Do not ask me why, as I don't really have a great answer to that question. I'm not a law professor and I don't hope to be one, as my limited dealings with the law students of today have made me want to go hot tubbing with a hair dryer. Nor does my job require me to write these things; their literary genre is more "four-paragraph writeup of this legal thing that just happened suitable for LinkedIn." The real answer is probably just because I can, and because I have a compulsive need to always be working on some kind of project. It's probably better than the mosaic making, right? 

Anyway, I am nearly done with my most recent scholarly endeavor, which has taken several months of hunting down case law and double checking citations while watching Real Housewives of Miami. I only have the conclusion left to write, and those tend to be just a quick retread of everything that came before, much like your average Ryan Murphy series. For some reason I am procrastinating, though, including now through the highly meta exercise of writing about writing. Could it be that I am not ready to say goodbye to this particular rabbit hole? 100% not, as I would happily never think about this particular issue again for the rest of my life. I have far more important things to think about, like Scandoval.

Anyway, all you really need to know is that I am super smart and articulate. Despite what all the evidence would tend to suggest.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?