<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 07, 2023

Island Time 

We took a quick jaunt down to the U.S. Virgin Islands for some sun and relaxation. It turns out I'm not great at either.


This was the view from our living room, which was adequate. Not as good as my Chicago view of the trash bins in the alley, but oh well.


They've got a few beaches in St. Thomas. I managed to get sunburned in under two hours despite the liberal application of sunscreen, which is a new record for me.


This bird had built a nest near our bedroom window and wanted to murder us. He had some good points.


We also took the ferry over to St. John, which was interesting. I'm not Lutheran, but this church seemed very plausible.

I'm a sucker for gift shop items that bear no relationship to the places they are from. Unless St. John is especially well known for Spicy Disasters and I just didn't know it.


These are the 99 steps, which are reputed to be a tourist attraction in St. Thomas, but there was absolutely no one in sight when we finally found them and it appeared the historical marker had been stolen. Also somebody told me there are 103 of them, but oh well.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?