<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Coming Attractions 

After a few years of basically staying home and trying not to die of COVID, it's kind of jarring to find I basically have events every weekend for the rest of the year. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them are things that I definitely want to do, but I'm also a person who likes a full weekend of nothing every now and then. Like, how am I going to keep up on random Lifetime movies that I ultimately regret sitting through?

Next weekend I've got the Lake Zurich Alpine Festival and I'm taking my niece and nephew to see Beauty & the Beast at the Shakespeare Theater. (I assume Shakespeare's version adds a few fatalities and the iambic pentameter.) The following weekend I have an engagement party and a work reunion. The weekend after that we're watching the kids for my sister's anniversary. Then Ian has a friend in town. Then maybe a week off and then two wedding weekends in a row. Then we're into work travel, a possible vacation, two out of town board meetings, rehearsals for a new show, and, you know, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then we rinse and repeat, I guess?

I'm certainly not complaining about being healthy and active. Sometimes I just wish I were less popular and desirable, you know?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?