<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 04, 2023

Buffalo Roam 

We had a family wedding in Buffalo this weekend. My prior experiences with Buffalo were limited. More than ten years ago I flew in and out of there for a deposition two hours south in Pennsylvania, but all I saw was the Hilton Garden Inn I got stuck at overnight after missing the last flight out. And my mother tells me repeatedly that I spent a summer there as a very small child, but I have no independent recollection of that. She says I found it amazing, though.

This was a quick trip, but we enjoyed it. We took my niece and nephew to one of the local art museums, which they enjoyed very much, and not just because it for some reason had a "Lego room." Like most children, they're big fans of abstract expressionism. We also went to Niagra Falls, though we did not have time to venture over to the Canadian side, which everyone tells me is much better, whatever that means. There was a lot of water falling and a lot of people looking at it, and it seemed fine. 

The wedding itself was at an art deco theater downtown and quite enjoyable. My niece was the flower girl and failed to spread even a single flower petal from her little basket. She's a conservationist at heart. My nephew was the ring bearer and the rings made it to their destination. So, success all around. 

Now we're back and dreading the work week! Such a wondrous time to be alive.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?