<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Comings and Goings 

Ian was in Ireland for work this past week, which was obviously all about me. Yes, he had to endure flight delays and jet lag, but I had to take care of an intransigent little beagle by myself all week, not to mention having to hide from the cleaning lady. Oh, and the car wouldn't start, so I had to call for a jump all by myself and then patiently get lectured about how I should get better insulation in my garage and use premium gasoline. These, of course, are ordinary things that people do all the time without concern or complaint, but it's funny how we can get so used to having a spouse's help. I truly think the best marriages have some semblance of dog poop scooping parity.

This week it's my turn to head to Brooklyn for work for two days. Before anyone tries to convince me that Brooklyn is fun, keep in mind that I'll literally be doing work at the hotel the entire time. I guarantee that the LaGuardia food court will be the highlight of this trip. I had some chicken strips there a few trips ago that were absolute fire.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?