<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 14, 2024

On With the Show 

My amateur theatrical for lawyers was this weekend. As my regular readers will know (hi, mom) I am part of a rather ridiculous concept whereby licensed attorneys spend several weeks learning parody songs and dances to present in an array of wigs and costumes at a theater that is way too nice to host such madness. (If you know what Capitol Steps was, it's kind of like that, and also congratulations on being middle aged and nerdy.) We took a few years off for the pandemic, so this was our first big show in a while. And we were at a different theater after like eight years in the same spot. And we did it in January instead of December. So much change! How could we ever triumph over such adversity?

It ended up going pretty well and I think we all had a nice time. I played Hunter Biden (naturally) singing a song from Les Mis (also naturally) and had several other songs I'd written in the show. More importantly, I stayed out after midnight a couple of nights in a row, which is obviously super transgressive. This is very much a throwback to when we used to have a pizza party at someone's parents' house after the high school musical. There was even karaoke and light gossip about potential hookups. And I had a flask of vodka. I cannot help but keep it classy at all times.

Anyway, it was fun, it is done, and I am tired. I believe sleeping in shall be part of my tribute to Dr. King this year.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?