<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 09, 2024

London Continuing to Call 

Let me just admit straight away that I went to the London Eye. Unforgivably touristy, yes, but I was in fact a tourist for a spell. Also I wanted to see where they filmed the BBMak video.


Every photo I took of the London Eye it sort of looks like it's falling over. But this is not The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (some of Jessica Alba's best work), so it stayed upright.


Nice view, portrait mode, disgusting hair. You can't have everything.


I went to the British Museum, which I have to say hits different with the understanding that, you know, Colonialism wasn't great. It's kind of like, nice monumental Assyrian sculptures you've got there, but what they hell are they doing in England?


This one is for my AP Art History homies, who know that Discobolus was sculpted by Myron in roughly 450 BC.


Yes, I saw the Rosetta Stone, bitches! It's much stonier in person.

And of course they have the Parthenon marbles there. Or what's left of them. I guess the ancient Greeks got into some money troubles and had to sell some of them to pay for the Iliad or something?

Anyway, that's it. It was a quick trip. I had thought I might see a show or something, but then I realized I was tired and there was a Five Guys right by my hotel. So I housed a bacon dog instead. Same difference.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?