<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Viva la Mexico 

As threatened, here are some photos from our journey to Mexico City. Travel with me now, though of course not literally.


The modern art museum was very cute and nice. Of course we created an international incident by attempting to pay with a credit card. The intersection of art and commerce is always tricky.


This seemed like it would be a de Chirico to me, but it was not. I still like it, even though I don't like being wrong about things.


I thought the way this squiggly sculpture contrasted with this geometric painting was interesting. And you can't prove me wrong.


This is the Palace of Fine Arts. For whatever reason, there was a veritable mob scene surrounding it, including dozens of people selling what looked like very delicious corn and a group literally doing folk dances. This photo does not capture that, except perhaps in my hair.


The interior of the Palace of Fine Arts is an art deco dream. Assuming one dreams about that sort of thing, I don't know.


I love a good ceiling picture. 

The grillwork around the doors was quite intricate. Not sure that style would work in our house, though.


This is a monument to the Mexican revolution, which we happened upon at sunset in a photographically convenient twist.

There's a great glass elevator that goes up to the top of the monument. We did not go up, which I regret. Many of my regrets in life are about not going up in things.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?