<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 05, 2024

Viva, Continued 

The anthropological museum in Mexico City is amazing, plus it gives you the excuse to say "anthropological" over and over again.


You can't really see the scale here, but this thing is massive. I guess I should have stood in front of it and given a peace sign like that teenage girl who also livestreamed her trip through security.


Again, scale is an issue. Assume everything is enormous unless I tell you otherwise. This one was a recreation, but we saw the real thing the following day. It was less colorful and outdoors.


Posing with antiquities! At least these are still on their continent of origin.


This guy seems fun. And I like his hat.


There's a palace! Some hill climbing is required to access it, unfortunately.


Hills do generally result in nice views, though.


Every time I see an elaborately painted ceiling like this I can't help but think about the poor dude who had to lie on his back for months to paint it. Still, if any such dudes in Chicago are up for it, I might be hiring.


The wall's not too shabby, either. Sure beats that "Starry Night" poster you had on your wall in college.


And stained glass! It doesn't work for every style of decor, but it is mad pretty.

This was a peaceful spot. I mean, aside from its undeniable associations with the brutal history of colonialism.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?