<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Viva la Viva 

This is the last round, for better or for worse. Back to regularly scheduled programming as soon as I figure out what that is.


This picture does not really capture how amazing Teotihuacan is. It's huge, and stunning. Could use a Cinnabon, though.


I assume this was a pretty high-end unit back in the day. Nice view, probably had in-unit laundry.


They don't let you climb the pyramids any more, except for one little one. That seems pretty wise to me, frankly, given the agility of your average tourist. Myself included.


Their gods were honestly a lot cooler looking than your average god today. And a lot more vengeful, I believe.


I mean, come on. This was like hidden behind another cool ass pyramid (the one you could climb). The US is really lagging a lot of the world in pyramid production.


Branding.


We also visited the Our Lady of Guadalupe shrines. That's right, shrines plural. It's like Disney, but with Jesus.


This was a pretty shrine, as shrines go. I don't meet a wide range.


In my many travels, I've noticed that dog poop seems to be a universal concern. This dog is really working it, though.

Again, colonialism may have been trash, but it did have some photogenic results. Many of which are now sinking into the ground, which has to be a metaphor for something.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?