<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 21, 2005

Things That Are Funny About Work Today

1. The case I'm reading that keeps referring to "internment camps" as "internship camps." I just keep imagining people filing and getting middle managers coffee behind brick walls and barbed wire. Actually, that's more like my real job than an internship.

2. The hold music I had to listen to for about twenty minutes. It was perhaps the most out-of-tune version of the Pachelbel Canon I have ever heard, and I have been to middle school orchestra concerts. As if this weren't enough, they kept inserting the obviously Prozac-induced intonations of some woman who was really enthusiastic about hospice care.

3. The fact that I'm listening to R.Kelly while writing my legal memorandum. Ever since that man became a criminal he hasn't written a bad song.

4. Guest Blogger Kathy reconstructing her shoddily-made cafeteria sandwich, lamenting the uneven slicing of tomatoes that left her with reduced levels of tomato-related enjoyment. This one is both funny and tragic, obviously.

5. The secretary who, a year and a half into my employment here, still thinks my name is Eric. It's way too late to correct her, so I'm just hoping she'll shift over to calling me some more exotic wrong name like Juan Carlos or Helga.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?